Saturday, September 09, 2006

Water Melon Still Life -'Paint it and Go!' Series

This little painting is part of my 'Paint it and Go!' series. I decided that I would start a small series that involves very quick, rich and loose style of paintings. I want to experiment more with color and use the brush stroke to create form. I feel like in the last 5 years that my paintings have been missing some exspressive qualities. The series will include many oridinary objects in a very simple composition. This painting of a slice of water melon, is a very popular subject matter and it is painted very often by artist. The painting is painted on 3/4" panel - it is ready to hang. I hope to post this on ebay this weekend. I realize that my client base my not be interested in this subject matter but I feel as an artist that I need to expand my style.


SOLD


No comments: