Thursday, January 28, 2010

Faygo Crate and Tomatoes

If you happen to be around Sacramento California on February 13th please stop by for my opening with David Lobenberg at the Elliott Fouts Gallery. I have over 20 paintings never seen before on display including this lantern painting. I am hoping to make the trip but I am not sure if I can pull it off. Below are the details. If you need a sneak preview please contact Elliott Fouts at efgallery@sbcglobal.net.

This past summer my wife and I went to an estate sale near our home town. My wife discovered an old crate of Faygo pop in the basement. It was covered with dirt and spider webs. We offered the owner a price and they took it. I thought it would make for an interesting still life with our tomatoes from our garden.

SOLD

I have a couple more interesting old crates that I am working on and hope to crank out a few more within the next few weeks.

SOLD

4 comments:

Avalon said...

Hi Vic,
Love the warmth and light in this one.

LeAnn Whitacre said...

I LOVE this! Your work is definitely an inspiration for me!

David Lobenberg said...

Love the light on this one! I'll be sharing a show with you in Feb. at the EF Gallery. Hope to see more crate paintings.

Vic said...

Thanks David. Looking forward to the show in February. Should be fun. Lot of work still to do before that day.