Sunday, April 15, 2007

Retro Diner & Sign - Large 24" x 30"

This painting is very different from many of my other peices. For one thing, it is gigantic compared to many of my current paintings. I felt like getting a little risky and paint a little more freer with a larger canvas. Call me crazy ! This particular painting of a Diner is a stylish view of one of many great American Diners throughout the country.

I rarely paint in such large scale but I thought that this type of subject matter required a large platform. I found the painting allowed me to more expressive. I really am not a large canvas painter and still really enjoy the small intimate paintings that I have been doing for 5 years now. I must say that my eyes appreciate the break from the close tight detail paintings. I guess I will occassionally continue to paint larger but I think that the time that is required to paint such a large scale can be costly.

SOLD

1 comment:

Cara said...

This is wonderful. Very retro -